Get After Your Bucket List!
Joe guides backcountry and ski mountaineering around Southcentral Alaska from November through June. Backcountry skiing can be defined as non-glaciated and non-technical ski terrain. Backcountry skiing is about seeking great snow in a beautiful location. Ski mountaineering adds the exposure component to backcountry skiing—we bring a rope for possible use in steep terrain or for glacier travel.
Ski Trip Options
Stock Alpine Ski Links
Joe's qualifications to be your partner in avalanche terrain
- IFMGA-licensed Mountain Guide
- AMGA-certified Ski Guide
- Certified American Avalanche Association instructor
- American Avalanche Association Pro 1 and Pro 2 instructor
- AIARE avalanche level 3 trained
- WFR and CPR certified
- 20+ years of avalanche instructing
- 20+ years of ski guiding
- 30+ years of backcountry skiing